Sunday, June 3, 2012

Abraham Lincoln.... in London?

Continuing with our London trip
- look who we found...

Abraham Lincoln, in Parliament Square....

My favourite historical figure.
Yes, I have studied the American Civil War
(and the American Revolution)
for many years....

Lincoln was the 16th President
of the United States....

But, why is he in London?

Using the current sketch over at



The sketch, by Leah Schaeffer....

Papers used - "Portobello Road"
by Papermania....


Flowers - handmade from punches
and Distress Ink "Barn Door"....




Why is Abe in London? Read on...


Leaves are from a Punch Bunch punch...


The pearl flourishes are by Zva Creative....


The flower centre pearls are Martha Stewart....


The butterfly stamp is by 7 gypsies....


Martha Stewart "Lace Doily" punch....


Martha Stewart "Cherish"
Punch Around the Page....



Next post will be a wee break
 from London trip.....

I am returning to the Design Team
at Stuck On U Sketches....

I am delighted that the girls have
asked me to return following my break,
while we moved back to
Scotland from Australia....

So, my next post will be
layout sketch reveal day at SOUS
on Friday 8th June....

See you then....

Hugs


6 comments:

Nanne said...

Wow Jane, this is wonderful and love that not only did you get a photo, but the story behind it.. amazing as always..
hugs
Nanné

Shona said...

this is beautiful Jane.......the colors are perfect for that

Anonymous said...

I'd like to celebrate the peace between you and I....

I am sending a statue of myself to put up in your scrapbook room...

Aren't I super thoughtful?

LOL! This is a great page and the flowers are just the best! What a fun page to scrap as a remembrance of your US buddies! hehe!

xoxo!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Too cute! Loving those flowers ..and of course the bling! That paper too is a fabulous choice for your London pages!

Sandi Smith said...

So very pretty...love your take on the sketch!Thanks for joining us at SOUS!!!!

Fern said...

Beautiful layout, Jane!!! Love the papers and your beautiful handmade flowers!! Hugs!!